The Byron Bay region is one surrounded by natural beauty, from immaculate beaches to lush hinterland wilderness. Hidden in between are some historic villages with unique charm that has been preserved for decades. Newrybar village has seen many changes since it was founded in 1880s, but maintains much of the heritage from when it was created.
Image sourced from @harvestnewrybar
Award-winning restaurant Harvest brought gourmet food and charm to the village while upholding the history of the building it is in. The restaurant includes a bakery with an 118 year old wood-fire oven, a deli filled with gourmet cheeses, cured meats and chutneys and a garden that provides fresh vegetables and herbs for the restaurant. Harvest showcases the diversity of local farmers, producers and artisans while creating fresh food and an inviting environment. It offers an interesting dining experience while encouraging it's visitors to learn about the sustainable and locally practiced food.
Image by @newrybarmerchants
Newrybar Merchants is a creative collective of local shops (including Imprint House) that features artisanal homewares, furniture and fashion. The bones of Newrybar Merchants remains the same from the original weatherboard house it once was but it now acts a beautiful showroom and design space popular with locals and visitors.
A sneak peek into our showroom at Newrybar Merchants.
Images by @iiindyaa
Images from the latest gallery opening night for Sylvie Kettle night at Newrybar Merchants
On-going community events at Newrybar Village
- Eat street market at Newrybar on Wednesday evenings
- Story time at 10:00 Wednesday mornings and Newrybar Merchants
- Flower market on Friday mornings returning in Spring
- Harvest Bakery open on Saturday and Sunday Mornings.
- Harvest Restaurant frequently runs workshops or day events - take a look here.
Story time at Newrybar Merchants
Other places to visit in Newrybar Village
- Luther and Co - a charming small shop that brings together the best of village and artisanal made products.
- Driftlab - a fashion company that supports creatives from near and far
- Newrybar General Store - an essential for village life - a one-stop shop for food, fuel and more.