Market baskets have been used for generations in France and elsewhere thanks to their sturdy structure, easy-to-carry shape and generous size. This large traditional basket with hand-stiched leather handles has been handwoven over several hours by farming families in the Atlas Mountains of Morocco using traditional techniques. It is made from the leaves of the date palm which are woven into strips and sewn together to form the 'rounds' of the basket.
This market basket with leather handles - one long to carry over the shoulder, and one short to hold in your hands - is strong enough to hold just about anything that you can manage to carry. Use it for shopping, trips to the beach or in your kitchen for stylish storage.
5 reasons these are perfect for taking to the market:
1. They stack inside one another.
2. They have strong leather handles.
3. They are durable - ideal for heavier loads.
4. They have a wide opening which means they are ideal for not crushing fresh produce.
5. They are easy to clean afterwards - shake them out or wipe clean with a damp cloth.
Note: As this is an all-natural, handmade product, there will be variations in size and colour and subtle imperfections which only add to its unique appeal.
Size About 50cm long x 50cm wide x 35cm high.
Material Woven from natural palm leaves with leather handles.
Care Shake out dirt or dust and wipe clean with a damp cloth.
Origin Handwoven in Morocco.